I found this advent calendar some years ago when I was on a mission for the LDS church in Colorado. I have always wanted to share this with my family and friends but never seemed to find the right way to do it.

I want to share this with all of you as part of my testimony of Jesus Christ.

This time of year seems to deviate further from the true meaning of Christmas as people become more focused on the worldly part of the holiday season. Myself included. I find myself engulfed in the stress of giving the right gift, trimming the tree and doing all those things that encompass this time of year, when our true focus should be on the birth and life of Jesus Christ.

Now, I'm not saying that St. Nick is a bad guy, he himself has explained what the symbols of Christmas mean (teach the children). We forget that the greatest gift we could have ever received was from God, Our Father in Heaven. That gift was Jesus Christ.

I'd like to think across every Christian religion it is common that we claim Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. It is through Him that we return to the loving arms of our Father in Heaven after this life.

It is through Christ's ministry that we learn how to lead our lives, how to BE CHRISTIANS. He was our greatest example of love, patience, charity, forgiveness and ultimately sacrifice.
Christ died so that we may live.

No matter what religion you are, or what beliefs you have, my hope is that you can use the teachings of Christ to epitomize how you lead your life.

I know that Jesus is my Savior. I am in need of His saving grace every day.

Take this advent calendar and use it. Not just this time of year but all year round. Become acquainted with Christ, not just as your Savior but as your brother, your friend. Speak to Him. He awaits your call. He's there to listen.

Thursday 12 December 2013

December 12th

The Master taught that it isn’t what you have that counts; it’s what you give. Giving of yourself can fill your world with joy, not only at Christmas, but all year long.

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal;

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal" (3 Ne. 13:19-20).

Suggested Activity: 
You’ll treasure the time you spend helping others. Do volunteer work for some worthy cause.

Song of the Day:
"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day," Hymns, no. 214.
http://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/i-heard-the-bells-on-christmas-day?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment